Monday, October 19, 2009


Socrates is the founder of Ask Socrates Now! which is updated every Saturday. Please subscribe and share with your friends. Your comments are welcome.

6 comments:

  1. We all have a dark side which is no bad thing. Isn't this life filled with duality?

    I think the evil is when one attemps to escape the other half by distracting themself through various means - hoping to paper over thr cracks of his character whilst putting on a facade for all to see.

    The problem is that you can one away from external situations but you cannot run away from yourself. Wouldn't it be better if one accept and embrace both sides of their self and then turn it into a positive?

    Unfortunately, we care more about what people think about us than we do of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be too early in the morning...some awful typos above...try again...

    We all have a dark side which is no bad thing. Isn't this life filled with duality?

    I think the evil is when one attempts to escape the other half by distracting themselves through various means - hoping to paper over the cracks of their character whilst putting on a facade for all to see.

    The problem is that you can run away from external situations but you cannot run away from yourself. Wouldn't it be better if one accept and embrace both sides of their self and then turn it into a positive?

    Unfortunately, we care more about what people think about us than we do of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite philosophical, Socrates. I liked your analogy of a man's changing attitude with that of moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jason above. I definitely have a dark side and it makes me uncomfortable because I'm always fighting against it. I share a lot of my dark side on my blog, and although difficult, I feel compelled to do it. I don't really know why.

    I've already been judged for my actions, so I guess I simply don't care what people think of me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jason: So true, so true. Man too often lets the opinions of others override his own good sense.

    @Meam Wye: Thank you very much for the compliment (regarding the 'moon' metaphor).

    @Kate M: You are very courageous and should be commended for acknowledging the other side of yourself. You are already a few steps ahead of the rest of humanity.

    **Thank you all for sharing your comments with me. Your thoughts and kind words are greatly appreciated.

    --Socrates

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent post. Technology has made life too easy. People have become soft. Hard-work makes people more durable. It makes one think. Money and getting money apposed to earning money has devalued our overall quality of life. However, the green movement will bring us all back to earth and beyound.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts with Socrates...