Monday, October 5, 2009


Socrates is the founder of Ask Socrates Now! which is updated every Saturday. Please subscribe and share with your friends. Your comments are welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed we are all afflicted with the protective ego based mindset that leads us to fail to recognize that the "flaws" we find in others and magnify are the same flaws that we possess. Unless or until we come to recognize that everyone we meet is our mirror, we remain afflicted with the mental dysfunction of ignorance. Thank you for sharing this thoughtful post with me. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can or cannot be characterized as a mental illness is indeed a thought-provoking question with many possible answers.

    Finding flaws in others rather than focusing on your own is detrimental for any society. The root of this issue is being judgmental and highly opinionated. This world would be a much better place if we are less judgmental.

    I find your blog to contain interesting and thought-provoking posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timethief & Meam Wye,

    I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read and share your thoughts.

    Thank you both for the very kind words. Take care now, my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cannot define normal, maybe the ones with OCD are, and we who do not are not.

    I once heard it defined as this: Normal is what I do in bed, perverse is what you do.

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argentum Vulgaris,

    Thank you very much for the comment, my friend.

    People who have OCD themselves readily acknowledge that their obsessions are not normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH, only because they measure against others, it was an example, maybe not the best, but it was presented.

    AV

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts with Socrates...